At MIDEM 2010, one of the leading music industry events held in Cannes, annually, I gave a talk about how other content industries (apart from music) are using the Internet to monetize.
The video is about 14 minutes long, and goes with the slide-show, below, and addresses these examples:
- What will magazine publishers do with the new iPad and other tablet devices (examples from Bonnier, Wired and Sports Illustrated)
- How Salesforce.com is making 1.29 Billion USD by selling access to the cloud
- How OReilly's Safari Books is selling access to 15.000 technical books for $42 / month
- How Zynga's Farmville social game (on Facebook) is selling 800.000 tractors as virtual items, per day
- How iStockphoto is selling what can be found in many places for free
- How the Techdirt blog connects with fans and gives 'reason to buy' (CwF / RtB)
- Conclusion: People pay when they see real value and when the price is right!
- Related: my Midemnet blog posts
- The same video on Youtube
This post has been read 556 times!