“Europe’s handing over its sovereignty to Silicon Valley and China. That stark warning this week from none other than Germany’s chancellor. The Information Age we live in means it is no longer about who makes steel or controls oil, but who has got your data. Angela Merkel’s got reason to worry. Companies like Volkswagen, her own interior ministry, they store their information on cloud computing systems run by Microsoft and Amazon” MORE
- The key question is no longer IF or HOW technology can do something but WHY it should, and WHO controls it.
- Here is my recent TedX Modena talk: Heaven or Hell – the future is our choice!
- Ten lessons for a post-pandemic world: must-read new book by CNN’s Fareed Zakaria (some shared morsels)
- New: Gerd.Live #3: thoughtful conversation with Jennifer Morgan, CEO of Greenpeace: climate change and with/post-covid futures
- Must-read: 2020 State of AI Report (Futurist Gerd Leonhard’s Highlights)