At this year's VI Nobel Fest in Astana, Kazakhstan, I presented two keynote speeches. On the first day, I was gifted a regal Kazakh chapan before I went on stage. Cool! Overall, this was a very enjoyable and happy event.
Some of my key messages from my speech were:
- The next 10 years will bring more change than the previous 100 years. We'll see 6 King / Queen – Makers: AI, quantum computing, nuclear fusion, synthetic biology, genome editing and geoengineering
- Technology can be heaven or hell – it's our job to make sure it's mostly heaven digital ethics – and this is crucial when we talk about AI!
- Imagine if the social media disaster is further amplified by perfect disinformation and fake news that generative AI excels at.
- We will have all the tools (science and technology) – but will we have the Telos?
- If we roll out AI and AGI just to fuel more profit and growth, things will not end well for us.
- Embrace the 3 revolutions: The Digital Revolution (info tech, biotech, energy / climate tech, and AI tech), The Sustainability Revolution, and the Purpose Revolution.
– For the Kazakh overdubbed version of my keynote, click here:))
– Para nuestros espectadores españoles, hemos hecho subtítulos.
– Para os nossos telespectadores portugueses, criámos legendas